It was constructed between 1906 – 1917, in a Byzantine style with influences from the Moldavian culture. On the exterior, the foundation is made out of blocks of carved stones, and on the interior it has a floor made out of white and red marble tiles from Carrere and it has fresco paintings. The big chandelier weights 900 kg and it is one of the beautiful sights that can be seen right from the entrance. Because of the 1940 earthquake and the groundwater in that zone, the church has been restored and blessed 3 times from the inauguration. The foundation stone was placed on 27th of April 1906 by Prince Ferdinand and Princess Maria, alongside Bishop Pimen Georgescu, the future metropolitan of Moldavia. The church has an exterior length of 37 meters and a height of 42.5 meters, including on the interior an open veranda supported by double columns and trilobite springs, the narthex, the nave and the altar. The lateral abscesses are embedded in the thickness of the walls. On the exterior, the foundation is made out of blocks of carved stone. The church is heated by a coffered belt on a third of the height of the walls and by another girdle in topside above the windows. The small niches are placed under the strongly profiled cornice. Moreover, the church has a big tower on the nave and two smaller ones on the narthex. The interior is paved with white and red marble tales from Carrere and it is has fresco paintings. The original painting belonged to Costin Petrescu. The iconostasis is made out of bricks, with marble belts from Carrere. The pulpit is made out of the same marble, and the chandeliers are made out of massive bronze. Remarkable for their beauty and execution are the chandeliers gilded with gold leaves and the big chandelier. As a whole, the cathedral expresses harmony, strength and it impresses through its beauty, style, elegance and its balance of volumes. The lack of a proper correlation between the nature of the terrain and the constructive solutions determined degradations that have been improved between 1935 – 1936, the church being blessed again on 7th of July 1957. The earthquake from 1977, but even more so the rising of the groundwater from the zone determined degradations that imposed new works of consolidation, which consisted of the realization of new belt network and armed concrete pillars, associated with the local consolidation of the tympanic act, nave, apse and the altar fault, but also of the arcs, vaults and the domes which make create the veranda. Locally, it’s been imposed the replacement of two pillars made out of armed concrete. In the zones where the armed concrete works together with the masonry, concrete mortar in a liquid state has been used. In parallel with the works of consolidation, the restoration of the picture has executed as well. Starting with the 17th of April 2001, in the cathedral there is a small piece of the relics of Saint. Ioan Casian, Saint Atanasie Patelarie, Saint Dasie and Emilian from Durostor. In the cathedral there is also a part of Saint Mary’s girdle, together with the robe of Saint Parascheva from Iasi.